The "Zoonoses 2023 - International Symposium on Zoonoses Research" will take place from October 9th to October 11th, 2023 at the Mercure Hotel MOA Berlin and will be under the highlight topic:
Benefits and Chances of One Health Research
€ 75 undergraduate students, graduate students, PhD students (confirmation required onsite)
€ 225 postdocs, senior scientists, public health workers, etc.
- Dr. Timo Falkenberg (Institut für Hygiene und Public Health, GeoHealth Centre)
- Prof. Dr. Göran Kauermann (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München)
- Prof. Dr. Marion Koopmanns (Erasmus MC)
- Dr. Raina Plowright (Department of Public & Ecosystem Health, Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, New York)
Abstracts will be accepted on the following topics:
- Epidemiology and Secondary Data Use
- Vaccines & Immunology
- Pathogenesis & Pathology of Zoonotic Infections
- Environmental factors & Ecology of Zoonotic Infections
- Public Health & Pandemic Preparedness
- One Health Intervention Methods
- Host-pathogen Interactions
- Zoonoses & Wildlife
- Bioinformatics, Digitalization and AI in One Health Research
- Antimicrobial Use & Resistance
- Risk Assessment & Biosecurity
The abstract submission deadline has been extended to June 8th, 2023.
Please note that you may only submit one abstract per person. You may submit this either for a talk or for a poster presentation. The scientific committee of the symposium will evaluate the abstracts afterwards. You will then be notified in due course whether your abstract has been accepted and for which presentation format. Please note that the space for oral presentations is limited. A designated poster viewing will take place during the sessions marked in the program.
Junior scientist submitting an abstract for poster presentation declare their willingness to participate in this year's poster slam. For this slam, a 1-minute presentation in the form of a pre-recorded video must be submitted (submission deadline for the video will be communicated separately).
All accepted abstracts will be published in our abstract book - unless you object to this at the time of submission.
Young Scientist Breakfast
During “Zoonoses 2023 – International Symposium on Zoonoses Research” young scientists, who are members of the Zoonoses Platform, have the unique opportunity to meet distinguished scientists from the community at an informal joint breakfast. While you are enjoying your breakfast at the restaurant of the event’s venue site (MOA Eat), you may ask senior scientists about their careers and get valuable tips for your own career in science. The Young Scientist Breakfast takes place on October 11th, 2023 from 9:00 to 10:30 am. In order to be able to take advantage of this opportunity, it is necessary that you state your interest in participating in the Young Scientist Breakfast. Please note that the number of places is limited. We will inform you a few weeks before the event if you have a place. If you are not able to take your place, please let us know in time so that we can allocate the place to someone else.